I’ve been trying out some new equipment this week built in the workshop for me at the Uni. It’s for producing large areas of soap film, and the design is based on one I found at the Exploratorium site.
I was delighted to find that this equipment works beautifully, and that the soap film lasted for a few minutes; plenty of time to film it. I now need to work on the lighting, which is a little tricky, as there is a comparatively large surface to be lit correctly, and the light source probably needs to be from above. Direct sunlight is an obvious solution, so I’m hoping for some good weather in order to try it outside!
Meanwhile, here’s one I took yesterday using this equipment, with a lamp illuminating a circular area of the film: