Red hot flow ↓
Yesterday I did some experimental work using Hele-Shaw flow. The experimental set-up involved perspex sheets with a narrow gap. I was trying to find out what worked best as regards types of fluid and the gap through which they slowly travelled. Now that I have sorted a few things out with my mockup, I can go ahead and have some perspex sheets prepared by the workshop. Meanwhile, here are some of the pictures I took yesterday. I was intrigued by the similarity between the textures and those of plant cells, as well as the plant-like shapes that these forms took.
My setup ↓
The inner details ↑
Bracket fungi ↑
Gradations and woody textures ↑