A really interesting and productive week for me, meeting new people at the University, talking to them about what I’m going to be doing, and trying new things out in the fluids lab. My sketch book is filling up with ideas!
Yesterday I tried out some of my inks in a flow visualization channel which I set up over the sink. The water was moving towards the right. On its surface I generated some aerated ink with a pipette. Gravity caused microchannels of ink to follow the pattern made by the bubble walls and drain downwards. These thin lines of ink then got swept along in the direction of the flow.
I was intrigued by the beautiful tessellations of the bubbles .. more to explore here!